- SEMrush offers a huge range of tools to help you better understand, track and optimize various aspects of your business or website
- If you’re interested in really boosting your reach, engagement, audience and traffic, SEMrush’s tools are powerful and helpful ways to drive improvement
- Some of the data, suggestions and results that SEMrush provides is based on educated estimations as some of the SEO data they examine is based on speculated information.
- SEMrush is not a particularly beginner friendly tool, it’s helpful to have some experience in SEO, SERP, SEM, PPC campaigns, ad campaigns, etc. to use it
Google Keyword Planner
- Hyper-local Search Volume: This new feature allows users to view keyword volume based on a very specific geographical area. While the old keyword tool allowed users to search in either “local” or “global” columns, you can now target a specific city or area, a great tool for local SEO.
- New Ad Groups Tab: Keeping with the theme of the Keyword Planner being a PPC integrated tool, the Ad groups feature serves to help out with PPC advertising. However, it’s actually a great tool for seeing which keywords are related by topic. Google now reports the total search volume for this group of related keywords.
- Filter Out Keywords Below a Set Search Volume: Don’t want to see a keyword unless it has a search volume of 100 or more? No problem. This feature lets users filter out keywords if their search volume isn’t up to par.
- Goodbye Broad or Phrase Match: Exact match is now the only data that is displayed. Although exact match was usually the most accurate choice, the freedom to choose broad or phrase is now more difficult. However, broad and phrase still exist when AdWord users choose how keywords are added to campaigns.
- No More Searching for Related Terms: While other suggestions still arise, the option to see only closely related terms is now gone.
- Device Segmentation is Gone: The option to target volume for desktop, mobile or tablet has been axed. For AdWords users, you can go into your individual ads and choose what devices you want connected, however, the initial segmentation has disappeared.
Never saw such comprehensive free tool for SEO. I think this tool has all the potential to become one of the most essential tools for doing SEO. It will give us all the insights we need and will help us to develop smarter content strategies. And the best part, is that more features are coming.
1. Free tool that gives you up to 1000 keyword suggestions
3. Gives you an estimation of how hard or easy it is to rank for a given country Cons:
1. Doesn’t provide domain level traffic estimation like SEMrush and Ahrefs
2. KW research is limited to 70 of the most popular countries
- Fantastic rank tracking and competitive analysis reports.
- Moz Pro is easy to use. I like using this product for back link research, competitor insights, domain authority, rank tracking, as well as local listing audits.
- Campaigns. We use this to monitor each folder/section of the website. We have set up each one by tagging the keywords we have optimised the site for by folder. Also, the blog is great for industry insight.
- Use this everyday to check Domain Authority/Page Authority and to download long lists of SERPs using the MOZ toolbar. Also use the Rank Tracker tool for a quick check on a sites rankings for multiple keywords.
- There is nothing I don’t like about this product.
- Clunky, slow, forced design language and expensive.
- OSE doesn’t discover as many links as some of the other SEO tools that I use
- Their database/crawler/metrics are just available for US, so is useless for sites and SEO outside the US.